We strongly support the NHS policy on zero tolerance. Anyone attending the surgery who abuses the GPs, staff or other patients be it verbally, physically or in any threatening manner whatsoever, will risk removal from the practice list. In extreme cases we will summon the police to remove offenders from the practice premises.
Hillbank Health Centre operates a Zero Tolerance policy to any abuse or unacceptable behaviour towards it's staff, doctors or other patients. This could be physical, verbal or online abuse.
Our GP's and staff have a right to care for others without fear of being attacked, abused or mistreated in any way. To successfully provide our services a mutual respect between staff and patients must be in place. All our staff aim to be polite, helpful and empathetic to all patients' individual needs and circumstances. We would respectfully remind patients that very often our staff can be confronted with a multitude of varying and difficult tasks and situations - all at the same time. However physical, verbal or online aggressive behaviour will NOT be tolerated and may result in you being removed from the practice list and, in extreme cases, the Police being contacted.
We would like to ask all our patients to read and take take note of the occasional types of behaviour we see that are unacceptable:
- Using bad language, shouting or raising voices at practice staff.
- Any physical violence towards any member of our team or other patients
- Verbal abuse towards staff or patients in any form including shouting.
- Racist, xenophobic, sexist, homophobic or other intolerant language, discrimination or sexual harassment will never be tolerated
- Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff will not be accepted. Requests will be met wherever possible and explanations given when they cannot be met.
- Being perceived to bully or manipulate a staff member to obtain something.
- Causing damage to, stealing or not returning practice equipment from the practice's premises, staff or patients.
- Obtaining drugs and/or medical services fraudulently.