About our Text Messaging Service
The practice would like to introduce you to a new service we are currently offering, text messaging.
Mobile phones have opened up a new avenue for communication between the Surgery and our patients and the use of SMS messaging offers wide accessibility and timely delivery of messages.
With your consent, text messages/email can be used for:
- Appointment reminders direct from the clinical system
- Flu or other vaccination clinics for targeted eligible populations
- Chronic disease review invitations
- Cervical screening
- Blood pressure and cholesterol monitoring
- Requests to contact the practice to arrange appointments or services
- Updates on new developments at the practice
The use of text messaging/email depends on the Surgery having reliable data. We will endeavour to check and update your mobile telephone numbers as often as we can but we ask that patients let the surgery know as soon as their mobile telephone number changes.
Texts will not normally be used for important issues and identifiable information will be kept to a minimum. Patient privacy is important to us and we therefore require your signed consent to activate this service.
To register, simply download and complete the form below and bring it along to the Practice. Registration forms are also available at reception.